The Perfect Place
If a wedding is in your future, finding the location for your ceremony is usually among your first priorities. St. John's Lutheran Church of Orange is a popular location for weddings, which are held virtually every weekend in our historic sanctuary. Among it's most impressive features are the beautiful stained glass windows, which were handmade in Germany. When it was first completed, the sanctuary seated 1100 people, though the capacity has been reduced to 850 after some re-configurations of the pews. A unique balcony architecture allows for an intimate area for weddings that attract 50 or 500 guests.
What's Included in a Wedding at St.John's?
- Use of the Sanctuary for three hours, beginning 90 minutes before the ceremony and continuing until 90 minutes after the scheduled time of the ceremony. This provides time for decorating, pre-wedding photographs and seating the guests. After the ceremony, the photographer has approximately 45 minutes for photographing the couple, the families and the wedding party.
- One of St. John's pastors will meet with the couple prior to the ceremony, to become acquainted with the couple and to review the service and the vows. This offers time to develop a relationship that will be a part of the ceremony at which he officiates. The pastor or a counselor will also provide pre-marriage counseling (no group sessions).
- An organist will play our magnificent organ and/or the grand piano for special music or to accompany a soloist. Our music ministry department will provide assistance in selecting music for the ceremony if desired.
- Custodial services for set-up and clean-up, and operation of the sound system, including production of an audio cassette of the ceremony.
- Assistance of the Wedding Coordinator during scheduling and planning, coordination of the ceremony at the rehearsal, and assistance and guidance for three hours at the wedding ceremony.
wedding photo album
Becoming One Pre-Marital Workshop
Contact Megan Gjersvold:
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH REGARDING MARRIAGE
St. John’s Lutheran Church of Orange is a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS). The LCMS, in Convention in 1990, affirmed, on the basis of Scripture, that marriage is the lifelong union of one man and one woman. As such, St John’s Lutheran Church, as a member of the LCMS, only conducts marriages that join one man and one woman who intend to be joined for their mutual lifetime. (Genesis 2:2-24; Matthew 19:5-6).
St. John's wedding polices - learn more
Wedding Music Samples