The Perfect Place
If a wedding is in your future, finding the location for your ceremony is usually among your first priorities. St. John's Lutheran Church of Orange is a popular location for weddings, which are held virtually every weekend in our historic sanctuary. Among it's most impressive features are the beautiful stained glass windows, which were handmade in Germany. When it was first completed, the sanctuary seated 1100 people, though the capacity has been reduced to 850 after some re-configurations of the pews. A unique balcony architecture allows for an intimate area for weddings that attract 50 or 500 guests.
What's Included in a Wedding at St.John's?
- Ceremony Space: Use of the Historic Sanctuary or Walker Hall Auditorium for three hours, beginning 90 minutes before the ceremony and continuing until 90 minutes after the scheduled time of the ceremony. This provides time for decorating, pre-wedding photographs and seating the guests.
- Wedding Coordinator: Assistance of the Wedding Coordinator during scheduling and planning, coordination of the ceremony at the rehearsal, and assistance and guidance for three hours at the wedding ceremony.
- Counseling: We require marital counseling through a St. John's staff member or program for all couples.
- Music: An organist will play our magnificent organ and/or the grand piano for special music or to accompany a soloist. Music selection is done with the help of our Music and Worship department.
- Facilities and A/V Support: Custodial services for set-up and clean-up, and Sound board operation.
For More Details on Planning your Wedding at St. John's
St. John's Wedding Information, Guidelines and Pricing - learn more
View our Wedding Album here
Contact us! 714-288-4467 |
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH REGARDING MARRIAGE
St. John’s Lutheran Church of Orange is a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS). The LCMS, in Convention in 1990, affirmed, on the basis of Scripture, that marriage is the lifelong union of one man and one woman. As such, St John’s Lutheran Church, as a member of the LCMS, only conducts marriages that join one man and one woman who intend to be joined for their mutual lifetime. (Genesis 2:2-24; Matthew 19:5-6).
Every Wednesday, from 01/11/2023 to 03/15/2023, 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
For Engaged & Newly Married Couples (up to 10 yrs. married) // Your marriage is the most important relationship you will build - Preparing for it beforehand and investing in it throughout, are...
Please fill out the form below to inquire about a wedding at St. John's and our Wedding Coordinator will get back to you.