Every Sunday, from 03/17/2019 to 04/01/2019, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
St. John’s is a really big place.
In order to care well for each other, we strive
to be a place where God’s people care for God’s people.
Our care ministry training classes equip and empower people to serve in an official volunteer role, or simply to better care for those around them.
Classes are open to anyone. There is no obligation to serve after completing the classes, however those interested will be provided with the next steps for getting involved.
This session of our Care Ministry Training will be held on Sundays at 11am, right after the 9:30 services. Snacks, Lunch, and coffee will be provided.
Class topics include:
- Care Ministry 101: God’s People Caring for God’s People
- Why care?
- Theology of suffering
- Volunteer/Staff Roles and Vision
- Care Ministry 102: 1 on 1 Care
- Listening Skills
- Ministry of Presence
- Care Ministry 103: God’s Faithfulness in Suffering
- The Power and Purpose of Prayer
- God’s promises to those in pain
- Styles of Care: Where your gifts meet people’s needs
- Care Ministry 104: Care Together
- Pastoral Services available at St. John’s
- When to call for help/Outside Resources/Risk Management
- Overview of Care Ministries as St. John’s
- How to get someone care, and how you can serve!
Mollie Schneider 714-288-4432
Prayer & Congregation Care Coordinator