Director of Family Ministry
With a vibrant faith in Jesus Christ, the Director of Family Ministry provides overall leadership to family ministry. They will design and lead a comprehensive ministry that empowers others and seeks to implement the mission and discipleship pathway across the life span: infants to young adults and their families.
- As a role model to staff, families, and volunteers, demonstrates values and attributes in connection with the faith being taught by St. John’s Lutheran Church, embracing with their life the mission and discipleship pathway of St. John’s.
- Empowers and equips staff, parents/guardians, and multiple teams of youth and adult volunteers for leadership and ministry in the church, home, and beyond.
- Equips parents to be the primary nurturers of faith in the home and young people to live out their faith in their schools and families.
- Leads the staff of Youth and Children’s ministry by example and collaboration.
- Identifies, invites, and cultivates a wide range of volunteers and ministry action teams to enhance all aspects of Family Ministry.
- Provides overall leadership to specific Family Ministry Events and operations (i.e. Easter Outreach, VBS, parenting classes, etc.).
- Oversees all aspects of Family Ministry: Children, Youth, Young Adults, Confirmation, and family-specific ministries. Will be directly responsible for one or more ministry areas.
- Develops the budget for Family Ministry, consistently monitoring expenditures.
- Partners with St. John’s Lutheran School staff and faculty to develop long term relationships with students and their families.
- Collaborates and communicates with Pastor/Director of Ministry Programming and all ministry departments resulting in successful outcomes for the organization.
- Partners with district and synodical entities for ministry and developing future leaders.
- Performs related duties as assigned.