Donate Filled Shoebox Gifts by Nov. 23
Operation Christmas Child (OCC) at St. John's Orange.
Operation Christmas Child brings joy and hope to children in desperate situations around the world through gift-filled shoe boxes and the Good News of God’s love. Since 1993, more than 61 million shoe boxes have been packed, shipped, and delivered across the globe. People of all ages can be involved in this simple, hands-on missions project while focusing on the true meaning of Christmas —Jesus Christ.
With school and church donations, we would like to collect 2,000 filled shoe boxes to give to kids. These gifts will be sent all over the world, and will be a powerful witness of God's love from St. John's to children a world away. It past years, boxes from Orange County have been shipped to Nepal, Panama, Mongolia, Peru and the Philippines. Beginning October 15, we will have a table in courtyard and foyer of Walker Hall. Stop by and pick up a shoebox, a list of suggested items, shopping locations, and instructions. Filled boxes will be received through November 23.
For more information, contact: Mollie - 714-288-4432.
How Do I Get Involved?
- Pick up shoe boxes and information on Sundays in the Courtyard or in the office during the week (you can also use your own shoe box).
- Review list of suggested items and easy instructions. (click here)
- Pack shoe box according to instructions. (click for here instructions)
- Please consider donating $9 per box for shipping expense.
- When paid on-line through Follow Your Box Donations OnLine, you will receive a bar code to affix to your shoe box that allows you to track where in the world your box is delivered!
- Bring your filled shoe box back to church by Thanksgiving, November 23.
- Tell others about this great opportunity to share the love of Jesus all over the world!