video: Rededication Service
November 14th, 3pm
Sanctuary Restoration Project 2015
St. John’s Sanctuary and the adjacent Walker Hall building have served countless men, women and children through the years. Whether through church services or special events including weddings, baptisms, funerals, concerts, dances, graduations, confirmations and outreach programs, these buildings have been a blessing for over one hundred years. With your help, we will be able to Preserve the Blessing for many generations to come.
We thank you in advance for your gift to help secure our beloved Sanctuary for future generations.
Make a Pledge
Historic Buildings Bring Specific Challenges
Funds raised to Preserve the Blessing, will cover many key points including:
- Seismic work to ensure the church stands for another 100 years
- Enlarge elevated worship ‘stage’ for improved visibility and access
- Enhance the layout of the altar, choir and lobby areas to better serve the congregation
- Restore plaster to original state
- Paint, stain, varnish and repair all surfaces, install new carpet and tile, reupholster pews and chairs
- Complete electrical upgrade
- Upgrade sound and video systems to enhance the worship experience
- Install Bluetooth system to allow hearing aids to directly connect
- Modify air conditioning to run more efficiently
- Completely restore organ
- Upgrade restrooms on the west side of Walker Hall
"...it is imperative that we care for the Sanctuary and Walker Hall here at St. John’s..."
Five Point Five Million
Congregation members, school parents, members of the Old Towne Orange community: it is imperative that we care for the Sanctuary and Walker Hall here at St. John’s Lutheran Church and School. The restoration of our beautiful campus is no small undertaking. We are looking to raise $5.5 million to help restore, preserve and update our places of worship. Please prayerfully consider contributing to the restoration and preservation of St. John’s historic buildings.
VIDEO: John & Carol Summo - Vision Team Leaders
RECENT PROJECT POSTS:
posted on Nov 13, 2015
The Entire Rededication Service will be shown LIVE right here. November 14, 3pm Pacific Time. read more
posted on Oct 26, 2015
My name is Katie. I am a Kindergartener in Mrs. Cariker’s and Mrs. French’s class at St. John’s. When I was just a baby, Pastor Klinkenberg baptized me and, a year later, he baptized my best friend, my cousin, Caroline Kunau. We both wore the.... read more
posted on Sep 30, 2015
Finish work is the focus on the interior of the Sanctuary. All of the fire sprinklers, new lighting, and finish painting have been completed. The scaffolding inside the building is being removed this week. Once removed, work will begin on restoration of the read more
Make a Pledge